Tips to Enhance the Beauty of Your Home with Indoor Pools
For the last ten years, we’ve seen a seller’s market across the country – house prices soaring, million-dollar neighbourhoods springing up over an hour away from the CBD, and many prospective homeowners pushed into renting. However, in recent months, the market has entered a distinct downward turn, and buyers are now in a position of power. Whilst this is ideal for first home buyers and the like, if you’re considering putting your home on the market, you may be wondering what can be done to help it stand out from the crowd. If you want to make a statement, then there is no greater addition than a luxurious indoor pool.
Why are they an excellent choice?
When you think of a luxurious hotel in a faraway location, you think of opulent finishes and bedding with a thread count in the thousands – but there is likely another thing that crosses your mind. One thing that most five-star hotels have in common is stunning pools with breathtaking views, and for inner city hotels, these are usually indoors. If you want to create a slice of luxury within your own home, then take inspiration from hoteliers across the world and have beautiful custom designed indoor pools built within your own home!
Who can benefit from an indoor pool?
Whilst owning a pool appeals to families across the country, an indoor pool is in a league of its own! Deciding to build a feature of this calibre should be carefully considered, to ensure your both the beauty and value of your home will be enhanced with the addition.
- Climate – Whilst climate is generally a huge factor in choosing to build a pool, when installing an indoor option, this does n’t need to be taken into consideration! For areas with a cooler climate, such as Melbourne and Tasmania, this can be the ideal choice.
- Demand – Before you make a decision, speak with your local real estate agent to uncover whether there is a demand for indoor pools in your area. This way you can be confident that it will add to the value of your home if you ever decide to sell.
- Families – It should come as no surprise that children and teenagers get more use out of pools than adults do. If you still have children living at home, you’re planning on starting a family, or you know your grandchildren would love to have a splash when they visit, then this is an excellent choice.
- Prestigious Neighbourhood – When investing in an indoor pool, consider your neighbourhood. Those looking to move into high-end suburbs are often drawn to the luxurious extras – meaning if you live in a prestigious area you’ll be far more likely to make a return on your investment.
- Rehabilitation – Pools indoors are also an excellent choice for older people and those undergoing long term rehabilitation. Often used as a low impact exercise, a heated pool ensures you can work out in the comfort of your own home at any time of day, in any season.
An indoor pool can be appealing to potential buyers for a huge range of reasons, least of all the beauty and luxury that it offers your home. They are the ideal addition to homes in any climate, with families with any number of needs – from relaxation to rehabilitation. We recommend working with a professional pool building team who understands your vision, ensuring you can turn your dream into a reality. That way, you can be confident your home will have a feature that both you and your future homeowners will love, well into the future!